Monday, October 21, 2013

Hmmmm...

So I have managed to write 19 posts this month, and now I come to a pause. I have read about other bloggers having this problem, but have not had it happen to me, until now. It's not that I don't have any ideas for what to write about, I actually have a lot. It's just that I don't have the desire to write anything. I had a busy weekend, and I'm tired, and I think that has led me to this point of indecision. I can't decide what to write about, and I can't decide what to write. I have suggested to someone else to write a list, but I don't know what to make a list about. I have thought about writing about some of the little things I have noted lately, but can't seem to focus my thoughts on that either. I have thought about writing about my oldest son, but have a lot of things I could write, and again, I can seem to get it together. So I will write about my day today, a regular day in my life.

As I think back on today, I had a good day. It was busy, and I was tired already at 5pm, but I had to carry on. I visited my youngest sister for coffee this morning, which was really nice. Her little guy is the same age as my middle boy, so it's fun to see how these two year olds act and interact. She also made me lunch, which was great! I saw my mom there briefly too, and managed to slip out on a quick errand kid-free. I then headed to a doctor's appointment for my baby boy. By the time I got home, I was tired, but thankful for supper in the crockpot. After supper, it was daughter's dance night, so I headed out there with the whole crew as my husband had a meeting. I took the boys to the grocery store, and then toured them through the local Ford dealership and tractor dealership. When I got home, I put everyone to bed, and now I sit at my computer, writing. This is my down time. I have "The Light" playing in the background, and I should be tidying up the kitchen and folding laundry. But, tomorrow is another day, right? At least, that's what my mom often said growing up. It's true. Tomorrow is another day, and likely won't be as busy as today... Maybe...

8 comments:

  1. You should win the BEST MOM AWARD for taking all of them to dance, touring two dealerships and then going to the grocery store! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They loved it, and it helped passed the time while we were waiting. :)

      Delete
  2. I hit that phase myself and I went for a couple of days writing nothing at all. It will come to you. :) You have a busy life there.. Are you LDS? I only ask because I used to be too with 4 kids and a husband in meetings and doing all of the same things with my kids that you are now doing.. I remember those times and you have every right to be tired. :) It gets easier tho, it really does.. What's that country song, "You're gonna' miss this.." It may not seem like it at the moment but you will.. I know.. I'm in town visiting with my now grown children waiting for my only daughter to have her very first daughter.. :) I miss the day you just described..
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder! I love that song, and try to keep that in mind. I try to be content whatever my circumstances. :) I go to a Christian Reformed Church. When my first baby was born, my dad told me it sure didn't seem very long ago that I was born. Time definitely seems to be speeding up!

      Delete
  3. Sarah, I was in the same boat today. I did not have enough energy to form my thoughts into a coherent post. Like you, I'm not short on ideas, but I've been writing all day and I just didn't have the capacity to pen another other word. But I'm glad we persevered :-) And guess what? We get to do it all over again TOMORROW :-) Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Here goes nothing... Hope today goes well for you Stacey!

      Delete
  4. I have those days sometimes too, where once you are done with the crazyness of the day you just want to do nothing! But hey, you still wrote something and that is motivation right there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! Always nice when someone can relate! :)

      Delete

Please leave your blog address so I can read yours as well! :)