Tuesday, October 15, 2013

To the mommies

I have been a mom for almost 8 years, and I have two pieces of advice for the mommies out there:

1. Keep it simple. We can access so much information these days that it can make your head spin. I found that with my first, and I didn't have Facebook then! After having four, I am still learning things I wish I had known from the beginning, but I have come to realize that the best thing has been to just keep it simple, especially when it comes to doing things with my kids. They're young, and they love simple things. Yesterday there were a couple of cows loose in our neighbourhood, and our kids thought it was so cool to see the horses, dogs, and fourwheelers going around as the search went on. Later in the day my daughter wanted to visit someone or have someone over so badly, but it was just too late in the day. A bike ride was an easy replacement, and she was happy about that! Simple! My mom said it often when I was growing up, use the KISS method - Keep It Simple Sweetie! (Using the nicer version here) :)

2. You are the mommy, you know best. You know your child(ren) best. You have spent everyday and every night with them since they were woven together inside you. You know their ins and outs and ups and downs. Take any advice you get with a grain of salt, use that which makes sense to you, and do what is best for your family. People have said those things to me, and it has helped me be a better mom.

A couple little things from a mom to other moms. You are all doing your best, and I am so proud to know so many wonderful moms and their kids. What's the best advice you have received?

2 comments:

  1. Love like crazy...kick butt when necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough Mama Benji! I was also thinking that I would add #3 You're going to mess up, and that's okay. ;) I know I do, and I do my best to apologize right away and right the wrong. Sometimes Mommy has a little tantrum too...

      Delete

Please leave your blog address so I can read yours as well! :)